SynchroEdit is a browser-based multiuser editor. It allows multiple users to share a single X(HT)ML or text document, edit the document the same time, and synchronize changes so that all users have the same version.
Please observe that we have effectively "shut down" editing of this Wiki until we can address the rampant spam problem.
SynchroEdit is available under an increasing number of forms. One of these is the sandbox on SynchroEdit.com. Another is in the patch for MediaWiki which can be demoed here (or here, in this very wiki, but try to reserve experimenting for the sandbox wiki).
For the sandbox:
- You first must obtain an alpha account here.
- Once you receive a confirmation email, you can access the sandbox here.
- There is also a sandbox for the latest development branch here.
- Information on how to obtain the source code is here.
- Helping Out
- SynchroEdit Overview
- Milestones (outdated)
- SynchroEdit integration - PHP
- SynchroEdit integration - Perl
- The lab
- Report or find a bug
- SynchronizedProtocol - client-to-server, server-to-client
- SessionProtocol - simultaneous editor server <-> wiki server
- SedExport - interface specification for exporting the DOM tree into a foreign format (such as Wiki-text)
- SedInstance - extended DOM tree specification, including the getNodeIdentifierFor() and getNodeIdentifiedAs() functionality, anchors, etc.
- ExternalServicePOSTInterface - integrating SynchroEdit with external services, such as bulletin boards or web sites etc.